In this article, I’m sharing complete information about British Chevening Scholarships 2022 and how to apply for this prestigious scholarship. This blog is a complete guide on how to get selected for this scholarship for your master’s degree in the UK. It has 75 fully funded scholarships for Indian students to study in the UK; however, there are around 1700 slots to apply.
You will get to know everything about scholarships like
- Chevening scholarship eligibility criteria
- List of documents needed
- Application Timelines
- Interview tips
What is Chevening Scholarship?
The British Chevening Scholarship is a prestigious UK government-funded scholarship program for international students to study a full-time master’s degree program from prestigious UK universities for 12 months, and this is funded by the British foreign and commonwealth office that lets international students with leadership qualities study at universities in the united kingdom. Last year about 60000 applications were submitted, out of which only six thousand were shortlisted for the interview, and only about 1700 were awarded the scholarship, so you can already see that Chevening is the UK’s most extensive scholarship program ever.
Everything is funded here so you can study for free in the UK. Here are some offerings of this scholarship
- Complete tuition fee is covered.
- Economic class flight tickets are included.
- Monthly stipend for your living and accommodation expenses (monthly stipend will depend on whether you’re studying in flight London, which is 1134 pounds per month, or outside London, which is 917 pounds
- Cost of visa application
- Arrival allowances & departure allowance
- TB testing reimbursement up to 75 pounds
- Citizen of one of the eligible countries, so look for the list of eligible countries from this link (www.chevening.org/scholarships/who-can-apply/). Please remember you have to come back to your home country after your master’s and you need to serve your country for two years.
- bachelor’s degree
- You must have two years of experience, equivalent to 2800 hours.
- Application to three different eligible UK universities and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by the 14th of July 2023.
Who is not eligible?
- A British citizen or with dual nationality
- if you’ve already studied in the UK with the UK government scholarship.
I have seen many questions regarding work experience, like does work experience need to be in your related field. The answer is no you can include any work experience like a non-paid internship, volunteering, freelancing, or full-time internship.
You can select three different master’s courses. This can be three courses at the same institution or three similar courses at up to three different universities. Make sure you apply for taught master’s
program and not research-based do not select any part-time courses do not select distance learning courses but select only full-time courses.
Do not choose any course where you must study for one month in a different country.
List of required documents
- Educational documents (your bachelor’s degree & transcript).
- Reference letter with two referees ( which is your recommendation letter; a referee must know you either professionally or in academics. Reference letter would be verified by their British consul once you are shortlisted )
- Short essay on biography.
- Unconditional offer from a master’s program.
What are the four essays for Chevening
- First essay about your networking skill.
- Second essay will ask you about your leadership quality.
- Third essay will ask you about your future career plans.
- Fourth essay will be about why you want to pursue your studies in the UK.
When you write your essay, it needs to be a compelling 2000 words essay that can showcase your competency, experience, and aspiration. Write your essay with conviction and consideration of achievement.
- The opening date for next year’s intake is the 2nd of August 2022.
- The closing time is the 2nd of November 2022.
- They will review all the applications from November to December.
- The interview will start early to mid-Feb; the last submission date for references and education documents is from Feb till late April. The interview will start from the 28th of February to the 29th of April.
- Results will be announced in early June are offered acceptance timeline is the 14th of July.
- Your class will be from September to October.
Interview Preparation Tips
- Talk about your future goals. Talk about how and what you want to do about it.
- Be yourself and don’t copy from others.
- Practice common interview questions like why you want to go to the UK, what you will achieve, what difference you will create in your country, what services you wish to provide, and what development you will bring.
- Practice all these questions with anyone you are comfortable with, and make sure you have an excellent reply to them.
Please let me know if I didn’t cover your question in the comment section below.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings
Good day! I just want to give you a big thumbs up for your excellent information you have here on this post. I am coming back to your web site for more soon.